FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
20 December 2021
MST TO PROVIDE LIMITED BUS SERVICE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) will operate limited schedules for the upcoming holidays.
On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, MST will operate a Saturday schedule. Only the following lines will be in service: JAZZ A, JAZZ B, 1, 2, 11, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 28, 29, 41, 42, 44, 45, 49, 61, 84, 91, 92, 94, 95, and MST On Call Marina.
All other bus lines will not be in service.
On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day the following lines will operate a holiday schedule:
- JAZZ A Monterey–Sand City via Hilby (Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Sand City Station only. No service to Monterey Bay Aquarium.)
- JAZZ B Monterey–Sand City via Broadway (Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Sand City Station only. No service to Monterey Bay Aquarium)
- Line 1 Monterey (Service from Lighthouse & Fountain to Monterey Transit Plaza only. No service to Asilomar.)
- Line 2 Pacific Grove via Forest Hill (Service from Monterey Transit Plaza to Lighthouse & Fountain only.)
- Line 20 Salinas – Monterey via Marina
- Line 23 Salinas – King City
- Line 24 Monterey – Carmel Valley Grapevine Express via Carmel (Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Carmel Rancho only.)
- Line 41 Northridge – Salinas via East Alisal
- Line 49 Salinas – Santa Rita via Northridge
All other lines will not be in service on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Regular MST bus service will resume Sunday, December 26th, and Sunday, January 2nd, respectively.
Customer service windows at the Salinas Transit Center, Marina Transit Exchange, and Bus Stop Shop in Monterey will be closed December 24 and 31 for holiday observances. MST administrative offices in Monterey will be closed December 24 through January 2, and will reopen on Monday, January 3. Customers are encouraged to purchase passes prior to the holidays or at participating GoPass outlets to avoid times when MST offices will be closed.
For more information, visit www.mst.org or call Monterey-Salinas Transit toll free at 1-888-MST-BUS1. For RealTime bus arrival information, text “Next” and your 4-digit bus stop ID (ex. “Next 9103”) to 25370, call 1-888-MST-BUS1 with your 4-digit bus stop ID, download the free Transit app, or use Google Maps. For the latest information on any transit service delays that may occur over the holidays, customers can follow MST on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MST_BUS.