MST TO PROVIDE LIMITED BUS SERVICE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) will operate limited schedules for the upcoming holidays.
On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve all routes will operate a Saturday schedule, with the exception of lines 19 Del Monte Center – CSUMB via East Campus Express, 25 CSUMB – Salinas, and 26 CSUMB – East Campus Express, all of which will not be in service.
On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day the following lines will operate a holiday schedule:
- JAZZ A Monterey – Sand City via Hilby (Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Sand City Station only. No service to MPC.)
- JAZZ B Monterey – Sand City via Broadway (Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Sand City Station only.)
- Line 1 Monterey (Service from Lighthouse & Fountain to Monterey Transit Plaza only. No service to Asilomar.)
- Line 2 Pacific Grove via Forest Hill (Service from Monterey Transit Plaza to Lighthouse & Fountain only.)
- Line 20 Salinas – Monterey via Marina
- Line 24 Grapevine Express (Service between Monterey and Carmel Rancho only.)
- Line 41 Northridge – Salinas via East Alisal
Lines 55 Monterey – San Jose Express and 86 King City – San Jose/San Jose Airport will operate a Sunday schedule on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. All other lines will not be in service on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day. Regular MST bus service will resume Monday, December 26, and Monday, January 2 respectively.
In addition to weekend-only service, the MST Trolley in Monterey will operate on Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day, but will not be in service on Christmas Day.
Lines 19 Del Monte Center – CSUMB via East Campus Express, 25 CSUMB – Salinas, and 26 CSUMB – East Campus Express are currently not in service while the campus is closed for winter break. Line 19 will resume regular service on January 20, line 25 will resume regular service on January 21, and line 26 will resume regular service on January 23.
MST administrative offices in Monterey and the customer service windows at the Salinas Transit Center, Bus Stop Shop in Monterey, and Marina Transit Exchange will be closed December 23, 26, 30, and January 2 for holiday observances. Customers are encouraged to purchase passes prior to the holidays or at participating GoPass outlets to avoid times when MST offices will be closed.
In addition, effective Friday, December 23, Line 42 will begin a winter schedule with routing between Westridge and East Salinas only. Service to Spreckels will be temporarily discontinued.
For more information, visit www.mst.org or call Monterey-Salinas Transit toll free at 1-888-MST-BUS1. Limited transit information is also available by calling 211. For the latest information on any transit service delays that may occur over the holidays, customers can follow MST on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mst_bus.