For Immediate Release
13 August 2021
Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) Service Changes Go Into Effect Beginning Friday, August 20th and Dates Following
Service changes for local bus transportation provided by Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) will go into effect on the following dates. The following MST lines will be changed or modified:
Beginning Friday, August 20th
- Line 19 Del Monte Center – CSUMB via East Campus: Service resumes.
- Line 25 CSUMB – Salinas: Service resumes.
Beginning Saturday, August 21st
- Line 1 Asilomar – Monterey: Minor schedule change: Resumes hourly service only in the mornings.
- Line 3 CHOMP – Monterey: Weekend service suspended. Operates weekdays only.
- Line 7 Del Rey Oaks – Monterey: Service suspended.
- Line 11 Carmel – Sand City: Major schedule change: Service to Carmel Rancho discontinued.
- Line 20 Salinas – Monterey via Marina: Service on weekends restored to running every hour. No longer serves Palma/Notre Dame High Schools.
- Line 21 Pebble Beach – Salinas Express: Service suspended.
- Line 23 Salinas – King City: Service on weekends restored to pre-pandemic levels.
- Line 24 Monterey – Carmel Valley Grapevine Express: Weekday service restored to hourly service.
- Line 41 Northridge – Salinas via East Alisal: Weekend service restored to pre-pandemic levels. Will operate two trips per hour.
- Line 48 Salinas – Salinas Airport Business Center: Service suspended.
- Line 75 Presidio – Marshall Park: Minor schedule change. First morning trip departs Tyler/Franklin. 5 minutes later to allow for better connections.
Beginning Monday, August 23rd
- Line 26 CSUMB – East Campus Express: Service resumes.
Beginning Monday, August 30th
- Line 47 Hartnell – Alisal Campus: Service resumes.
Beginning Tuesday, September 7th
- Line 22 Big Sur – Monterey: Service suspended.
- Line 40 Spreckels – Alisal: Service suspended.
- MST Trolley: Service suspended.
These service modifications do not include changes already in operation, seasonal service variations, or corrections.
For more information, visit www.mst.org or call Monterey-Salinas Transit toll free at 1‑888‑MST‑BUS1 (1‑888‑678‑2871). For RealTime bus arrival information, text “Next” and your four-digit bus stop ID (example, “Next 9103”) to 25370, call 1‑888‑MST‑BUS1 with your four-digit bus stop ID, download the free Transit app, or use Google Maps. Follow MST on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mst_bus for the latest service alerts.