For Immediate Release
8 November 2018
Monterey-Salinas Transit Honors Veterans with Free Bus Passes
For the third year and in honor of Veterans Day, Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) is partnering with veterans services organizations to select individuals in need of transportation services. Veterans who are selected are provided free MST passes in honor of their service to our country.
Participating veterans services organizations include:
- Veterans Transition Center
- Monterey Veterans Resource Center
- Monterey Peninsula College (MPC) Veterans Resource Center
- Hartnell College Veterans Service Center
- California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB) Veterans Resource Center
- Monterey County Military & Veterans Affairs Office
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist Inc. (VRSI) Veterans Employment Services
- Housing Authority of the County of Monterey
- Employment Development Department
“These agencies provide Monterey County veterans with vital services and resources. MST and the veterans services organizations seek to help any and all veterans in need of transportation assistance,” said Cristy Sugabo, MST’s Mobility Services Manager.
Free passes are provided by Measure Q, a 1/8–cent transportation sales tax approved by voters in November 2014 to benefit for seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities. Measure Q also funds the taxi voucher program and discount fares (half price to veterans, seniors, and persons with disabilities) on the MST bus system.