FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
23 December 2019
FREE MST BUS SERVICE TO FIRST NIGHT MONTEREY
Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) will offer a free ride to anyone wearing a First Night Monterey New Year’s Eve celebration button starting at 3:00 PM on December 31, 2019. On New Year’s Eve, MST bus lines will operate a Saturday schedule. After normal operating schedules have ended, MST will provide additional service in association with the First Night New Year’s celebrations as follows:
For those wearing First Night buttons, free rides are available on all operating MST lines, including MST RIDES ADA paratransit service, beginning at 3 PM. MST also offers a park-and-ride option from Del Monte Center at the bus stop near Macy’s Furniture. Park there and catch a ride to the Monterey Transit Plaza in downtown Monterey free between 3:00 PM and 1:00 AM. Buses operate every 10 minutes.
Getting home (from the Monterey Transit Plaza):
- Shuttle to Del Monte Center: Return trips every 10 minutes until 1:12 AM.
- New Monterey: Board regular Saturday Line 1 with last trip at 7:00 PM, or a special Line 2 with last trip departing at 12:30 AM.
- Pacific Grove: For service to Forest Hill and downtown Pacific Grove, board regular Saturday lines 1 or 2. Last bus via Line 1 is 7:00 PM. Last trip via a special Line 2 is 12:30 AM.
- Carmel: Board regular Saturday Line 24 Carmel Rancho with the last trip departing at 12:30 AM. No late night trips to Carmel Valley.
- Seaside and Sand City: Board regular Saturday scheduled JAZZ A Sand City via Hilby with the last trip departing at 2:30 AM, or board a special JAZZ B Sand City via Broadway departing at 12:30 AM.
- Marina and Salinas: Board regular Saturday Line 20 operating from Sand City Station until 2:49 AM. Catch JAZZ A at Monterey Transit Plaza to access this service. For direct service to Salinas via Marina, board Line 20 special trip departing at 12:30 AM, service to the CSUMB Visitor Center, Preston Park, and Schoonover Park on this trip will be available upon request.
- MST RIDES: ADA paratransit service will be available by reservation within three-quarters of a mile of any of the above fixed-route service for those registered in the program.
For the safety and convenience of our passengers, all MST buses will be free to everyone after midnight. All regularly-scheduled and supplemental service is intended for use by First Night Monterey attendees as well as the general public.
For more information, visit mst.org or call Monterey-Salinas Transit toll free at 1-888-MST-BUS1. For RealTime bus arrival information, text “Next” and your 4-digit bus stop ID (ex. Next 9103) to 25370, call 1-888-MST-BUS1 with your 4-digit bus stop ID, download the free Transit App, or use Google Maps.