MST provides free fixed-route travel training to teach interested individuals how to safely and independently ride the bus. Everyone is eligible.
- Gain independence and confidence.
- Meet other workers, students, retirees and vacationers.
- Make a positive impact on the environment.
- Ride in a safe, clean and well maintained vehicle.
- Leave driving to the professionals.
- Save thousands of dollars a year.
MST offers travel training to individuals, groups and organizations. All coaches are fully accessible to persons with special mobility needs. Training involves a brief classroom session and/or a bus ride accompanied by the travel trainer.
General Fixed-Route Travel Training
The participant will receive the training and support necessary to meet their general bus traveling needs, including how to:
- Plan a trip
- Understand route maps, stops, schedules and landmarks
- Get to and from bus stops safely
- Get on and off the bus safely
- Pay fares and purchase passes
- Ride a specific route
- Transfer to other buses
- Use a mobility device when riding
Destination-Specific Travel Training
For participants with special challenges who may need more extensive training, MST offers training and support necessary to access specific locations such as work, school, community centers and medical providers.
Mobility Device Travel Training
Participants will receive a combination of practical instruction and safety tips involving equipment demonstrations and hands-on experiences.
Train the Mobility Trainer
This training is for individuals working for an organization and has been assigned duties to include teaching their clients how to safely and independently travel using the MST bus system to get to or from a desired destination ( medical, work, shopping, or leisure activities). The training is available on the last Wednesday of each month, or by appointment. Individuals who receive the training are issued a Mobility Trainer photo ID card, which is valid on MST buses – allowing the trainer to ride with their client(s) free of charge, who holds a MST Courtesy Card. The Mobility Trainer photo ID card is only valid up to 2 years from the date issued.
Contact MST’s Mobility Trainer