Thank you for your interest in our Navigator Volunteer Program. We are currently not accepting applications at this time. Please check back at a later date for updates, or you may contact the mobility department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MST Navigators work side-by-side with MST staff in promoting mobility for individuals with travel challenges because increased mobility means increased independence and quality of life.
Navigators perform a variety of tasks from teaching people to navigate the MST bus system, to assisting frail passengers use MST buses for meeting their weekly shopping needs. Some Navigators assist staff with the administration of the MST taxi voucher program while others provide public education and communality outreach services. Still others may assist with office duties related to qualifying persons with disabilities for the MST RIDES program while others make regular visits to senior centers to answer transportation question and provide travel training orientations.
Other tasks include:
- Coordinate and conduct travel instruction with assigned clients
- Provide general assistance during paratransit services
- Manage a travel assistance host center
- Identify organizations for outreach and make presentations
- Represent the MST mobility program at fairs, workshops and other events
- Office duties (filing, phone calls, data entry, general assistance, etc.)
- Other miscellaneous needs of the Mobility Management Program
MST Navigators will conduct activities based on their individual strengths and training as well as the current needs of the community.
- Experienced with or willing to learn about traveling on the MST bus system
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to follow program guidelines and supervisor instructions
- Have good problem-solving and communication skills
- Opportunity to give back to your community and make a difference in the lives of seniors, persons with disabilities and others experiencing travel challenges
- Free MST Super Go Pass. A $190 value! (must meet required commitment hours)
- May fulfill required educational or community service hours
- May earn credits from local colleges (must enroll and follow college requirements for specific credit)
- 18 years or older, 17 with legal guardian’s consent
- Able to commit to volunteering a minimum of 60 hours, at least 12 hours per month, and attend regularly scheduled Navigator meetings
- Pass a criminal background security check
- Attend MST Navigator training
- Demonstrate English proficiency
- Bilingual skills appreciated, but not required.
Mobility Specialist – Navigator Program