** The Navigator Volunteer Program is currently not recruiting new volunteers, please check back again at a later time or email email@example.com for updates. If you are still interested in submitting your interest to volunteer for future consideration, please submit your application using the link below or download the application and submit by mail. Thank you for your interest to volunteer.
MST Navigators work side-by-side with MST staff in promoting mobility for individuals with travel challenges because increased mobility means increased independence and quality of life.
Navigators can be assigned to community centers, or outreach events to promote riding the bus system and provide information on MST services. Also, Navigators can assist staff in travel training activities, where they are assigned to individuals with limited experience to encourage them to ride the bus safely and independently.
Other tasks include:
- Coordinate and conduct travel instruction with assigned clients
- Provide general information on paratransit services
- Report on trip observation
- Coordinate group travel training at host center
- Identify organizations for outreach and make presentations
- Represent the MST mobility program at fairs, workshops and other events
- Office duties (filing, phone calls, data entry, general assistance, etc.)
- Other miscellaneous needs of the Mobility Management Program
- Experienced traveling on the MST bus system
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to follow program guidelines and supervisor instructions
- Have good problem-solving and communication skills
- Opportunity to give back to your community and make a difference in the lives of seniors, persons with disabilities, Veterans and others experiencing travel challenges
- Helping others
- Free MST Super Go Pass. A $190 value! (must meet required commitment hours)
- 18 years or older
- A minimum of 10 and not to exceed 30 hours per month commitment
- Attend regularly scheduled monthly and quarterly meetings
- Pass a criminal background security check
- English proficiency
- Bilingual skills appreciated, but not required.
Mobility Specialist – Navigator Program