Get Your Discount when You Pay Your Fare with a Contactless Card
MST has partnered with Cal-ITP—the California Integrated Travel Project, a new initiative of the State of California—to offer a way to quickly verify your eligibility for a discount and then link that discount to your contactless-enabled Visa or Mastercard. You’ll get your discount every time you pay with that same contactless card.
Right now, the Cal-ITP Benefits website will work for anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Is eligible for the Senior Discount program (age 65+):
- Has a Login.gov account with identity verification
- Has a state-issued ID (such as a driver’s license or a state ID)
- Has a Visa or Mastercard contactless credit or debit card
- Is a Courtesy Card holder (as of November 2022, all active MST Courtesy Card holders can use the Benefits site to link their discount to their contactless-enabled Visa or Mastercard):
- Has an active MST Courtesy Card
- Has a Visa or Mastercard contactless credit or debit card.
“Contactless” means a card you can tap instead of swipe to pay. Look for this symbol on the front or back of your card:
Symbol description: four, curved lines facing sideways, similar to a wifi symbol.
You can get in touch with Visa, Mastercard, or your bank card provider to request a contactless card—or you can order a contactless-enabled Cash App Card. Learn more in our Contactless Fare Payment guide.
The process to verify your eligibility for a discount and add it to your contactless card is completely online and secure! See how it works in these gifs (animated photos) for MST’s Senior Discount and for Courtesy Card holders.
Have your ID and contactless bank card ready and get started now on the website below.
To continue, please click the below link to exit MST’s website and be redirected to the State of California’s eligibility verification website, Cal-ITP Benefits.