FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
18 November 2016
MST PROVIDES LIMITED BUS SERVICE THANKSGIVING DAY,
SATURDAY SCHEDULE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING
Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) will provide holiday schedule bus service on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24, 2016. Limited Thanksgiving Day service will be available on the following bus lines:
- JAZZ A Monterey–Sand City via Hilby: Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Sand City Station only. No service to MPC.
- JAZZ B Monterey–Sand City via Broadway: Service between Monterey Transit Plaza and Sand City Station only.
- Line 1 Monterey: Service from Lighthouse & Fountain to Monterey Transit Plaza only. No service to Asilomar.
- Line 2 Pacific Grove: Service from Lighthouse & Fountain to Monterey Transit Plaza only.
- Line 19 Del Monte Center–CSUMB via East Campus: Will operate from 9am to 6pm on Thanksgiving Day.
- Line 20 Salinas–Monterey via Marina
- Line 24 Grapevine Express: Service between Monterey and Carmel Rancho only.
- Line 41 Northridge–Salinas via East Alisal
Lines 55 and 86 San Jose Express will operate a Sunday schedule Thanksgiving Day. All other bus lines will not be in service.
On Friday, November 25, MST will operate a Saturday schedule on JAZZ A, JAZZ B, 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 41, 42, 44, 45, 49, 55, 69, 78, 82, 84, 85, 86, 91, 92, 94, 95, MST On Call Marina, and the MST Trolley in Monterey.
Bus service on Lines 25 CSUMB–Salinas and 26 CSUMB–East Campus Express will not be in service Thanksgiving week. Regular MST bus service will resume on all lines Saturday, November 26.
MST phone lines and customer service windows at the Monterey Bus Stop Shop, Salinas Transit Center, and Marina Transit Exchange will be closed Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, re-opening on Monday, November, 28. MST administrative offices will be closed Wednesday, November 23 through Friday November 25, reopening Monday, November 28.
For more information, visit www.mst.org or call Monterey-Salinas Transit toll free at 1-888-MST-BUS1.