ADA Complaint Form
ADA Complaint Process
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Transportation Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (49 CFR Parts 27, 37, 38 and 39), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) ensures its services, vehicles, and facilities are accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities. Anyone who believes he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of disability may file an ADA complaint.
Complaints may be submitted by filing a Customer Service Report/ADA Complaint Form online, by downloading an ADA Complaint Form www.mst.org, or by calling 888-678- 2871(TTY/TDD 831-393- 8911). If the complainant is unable to write a complaint, a representative may file on his or her behalf, or MST staff will provide assistance. Complaints must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged incident.
- The ADA Coordinator will contact the complainant within 10 business days of receipt of complaint. Any requested information must be received by MST within 5 days of
- MST will begin the investigation within 15 business days of receipt of complaint if the alleged discrimination is found to be a violation of ADA regulations.
- An investigation into the complaint will be conducted and documented to determine whether MST failed to comply with ADA regulations.
- MST will complete the investigation within 60 calendar days of receipt of complaint. If additional time is needed for the investigation, the complainant will be notified.
- MST will promptly communicate its response to the complainant, including its reasons for the response. The complainant will have 5 business days from receipt of MST’s response to file an appeal. If no appeal is filed, the complaint will be closed.
*MST will process and investigate all complaints that meet the requirements of ADA discrimination. If the complainant fails to provide required information within the required timeframe, the complaint may be closed.
If information is needed in another language, contact 888-678-2871
Si necesita información en otro idioma, llame a 888-678-2871