Planning / Development
MST periodically conducts planning studies to evaluate current routes and schedules and to assess demand for transit.
- Salinas Area Service Study II (8/1/12)
- South County Area Service Analysis (12/14/10)
- Marina Area Service Study (11/5/09)
- Peninsula Area Service Study (PASS) (9/17/06)
- Short Range Transit Plan (4/11/06)
- MST ADA Complementary Paratransit (RIDES) Plan (06/14/06)
Draft Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration – Monterey Bay Operations and Maintenance Facility
The Proposed Project intends to improve the efficiency of the existing MST Monterey Bay Operations and Maintenance Facility property through site improvements and building and bus parking expansion. The Proposed Project would reconfigure the existing facility to focus on operations and maintenance and would relocate most of MST’s management and administrative functions off-site.
- Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Aviso de la intención de adopter una declaractión negative mitigada
- Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Appendix A- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Assessment.pdf
- Appendix B- Biological Study.pdf
- Appendix C- Tree Assessment.pdf
- Appendix D- Geotechnical.pdf
- Appendix E- Phase 1 ESA.pdf
- Appendix F- Lead-Based Paint and Asbestos Study.pdf
- Appendix G – Water Demand Estimate.pdf
- Appendix H- Traffic Impact Analysis.pdf
Designing for Transit
Why is the integration of public transportation with land use important? The coordination of land use developments with public transportation planning enables safe, efficient, and effective transit operations. The benefits are apparent at the regional and individual experience. Designing for Transit gives decision-makers, developers, planners, engineers, and community members the ability to plan for safety and efficiency of transit on our streets and highways. When public agencies and private interest groups fail to include safety and efficiency standards for bus operations, fewer people will ride the bus and the region will carry the burden of more congestion and more pollution.
Designing For Transit Manual