Planning / Development
MST periodically conducts planning studies to evaluate current routes and schedules and to assess demand for transit.
- Salinas Area Service Study II (8/1/12)
- South County Area Service Analysis (12/14/10)
- Marina Area Service Study (11/5/09)
- Peninsula Area Service Study (PASS) (9/17/06)
- Short Range Transit Plan (4/11/06)
- MST ADA Complementary Paratransit (RIDES) Plan (06/14/06)
Designing for Transit
Why is the integration of public transportation with land use important? The coordination of land use developments with public transportation planning enables safe, efficient, and effective transit operations. The benefits are apparent at the regional and individual experience. Designing for Transit gives decision-makers, developers, planners, engineers, and community members the ability to plan for safety and efficiency of transit on our streets and highways. When public agencies and private interest groups fail to include safety and efficiency standards for bus operations, fewer people will ride the bus and the region will carry the burden of more congestion and more pollution.
Designing For Transit Manual